Updated: Oct 18, 2020
What is PENJANAKERJAYA PERKESO ?
Following are the categories available under PenjanaKerjaya:
This incentive is to encourage employers to employ post-graduate and post-school as apprentices.
b. HireMalaysia – has 3 categories:
Incentive for employment of employee lower than 40 years old;
Incentive for employment of employee 40 years old and above; and
Incentive for employment of “golongan mudah terjejas” such as OKU and participants under Program Return to Work PERKESO.
**Note: Age of employee based on date of birth during application.
c. Mobility Assistance (Bantuan Mobiliti)
One-off the payments to employee who move more than 100km (one way) to the workplace.
d. Program Latihan
Provide reskilling and upskilling training through programme place and train based on the requirement of employer and employee under PenjanaKerjaya.
2. Who is qualified to apply PenjanaKerjaya?
Employer has registered with Suruhanjaya Syarikat Malaysia (SSM), Jabatan Pendaftaran Pertubuhan Malaysia (ROS)/ Pendaftaran Perniagaan (ROB)/ Pihak Berkuasa Tempatan (PBT) or others before 1 June 2020.
Employer need to register with PERKESO before 1 June 2020.
3. Who is not qualified to apply PenjanaKerjaya?
Recruitment Agency or Outsourcing Company which supply workforce to principal and not the direct employer; and
Employee under public sector, PBT and those who self-employed.
4. Which category of employee not qualified under PenjanaKerjaya?
Employee who is under the assistance of the Employment Retention Program (Program Pengekalan Perkerjaan) or listed in Program Subsidi Upah.
A. HIRING INCENTIVE (PROGRAM INSENTIF PENGAMBILAN PEKERJA)
1. Important features for Program Insentif Pengambilan Pekerja under PenjanaKerjaya
2. Can the employer apply the incentive under PenjanaKerjaya for employment of employee and apprentice but not registered with MyFutureJobs?
Qualified to apply as long as fulfill the requirement stated above.
For those employers that registered vacancy and advertise in other job portals than MyFutureJobs, employer must update the vacancy and job information under MyFutureJobs including registration of new employee.
3. What are the supporting documents required for Program Insentif Pengambilan Pekerja (Hiring Incentive) under PenjanaKerjaya?
Bank account number (attach 1st page of bank statement)
Business Registration Number (BRN). BRN is Company Number. Example: 1234560-X
4. When the payment will be made under PenjanaKerjaya?
Payment will be made as long as comply requirements stated in Question No.1 above. Including contribution of monthly PERKESO.
Employer must pay the one-off payment of Mobility Assistance (Bantuan Mobiliti) to the qualified employee within 7 days from receipt of payment from PERKESO.
Example: New staff or apprentice employed under 1 July 2020 but employer register and pay the PERKESO on 15 July 2020, payment of incentive only will begin on August or later.
5. What if the employee or apprentice under this incentive resign or being stopped?
The incentive for this particular employee or apprentice will not be paid to the employer.
6. What is the definition of “employee (pekerja)” under PenjanaKerjaya?
Refer to the definition of “pekerja” under Akta Sistem Insurances Pekerjaan (Akta 800).
7. How to check application status?
Employer can check the application status in Portal PenjanaKerjaya, penjanakerjaya.perkeso.gov.my
8. Does the employer need to make a claim monthly for the incentive?
No need. For the subsequent month, employer only need to update changes on the new employee listing. For normal, the incentives will be automatically paid to the respective employer/company.